New homes, new cars, luxury vacations, and financial security top the wish lists of Michigan Lottery players. In 2017, the Lottery helped make those dreams come true for countless players who collected a record $2.1 billion in prizes.
The top 10 prizes for 2017 accounted for nearly $80 million in winnings for players.
All told, the Lottery made 36 players millionaires in 2017, with a $22.6 million Lotto 47 jackpot topping the list of big winners. The top prizes Michigan Lottery players won in 2017 (through Dec. 27) were:
- $22.6 million Lotto 47 jackpot, won by a Montcalm County man, on Feb. 18
- $21 million Mega Millions jackpot, won by Kevin Blake, of Waterford, on Oct. 13
- $5 million Mega Millions prize, won by Gladys Salzwedel, of Oakley, on Oct. 27
- $4.4 million Lotto 47 jackpot, won by a Genesee County man, on May 17
- $4.4 million Lotto 47 jackpot, won by a Mackinac County man, on Nov. 1
- $4 million Mega Bucks prize, won by a Macomb County woman, on April 10
- $4 million Max Money prize, won by an Ogemaw County man, on June 1
- $4 million Millionaire’s Club prize, won by Mark Clark, of South Rockwood, on Dec. 13
- $2 million $2,000,000 Bonus prize, won by a Jackson County woman, on Jan. 4
- $2 million $2,000,000 Bonus prize, won by a Saginaw County man, on March 28
- $2 million $2,000,000 Bonus prize, won by a Grand Rapids man, on May 10
- $2 million Hit It Big prize, won by a Macomb County man, on Oct. 2
- $2 million Hot Fortune prize, won by an Oakland County man, on Feb. 2