LANSING, April 17, 2002 – After a jackpot run that rolled 19 times since February 8, The Big Game’s climb to $325 million came to a close late Tuesday evening when lucky tickets sold in three different states – Georgia, Illinois and New Jersey – matched all six numbers.
The winning numbers in the Tuesday, April 16, 2002 drawing were: 7, 10, 25, 26, 27 and the Big Money Ball number was 23.
In addition to the three jackpot-winning tickets, 77 tickets matching the first five Big Game numbers for a prize of $150,000 were sold throughout the Big Game states. Of those 77, Michigan Lottery
retailers sold 12 of them:
- CVS/Pharmacy #08001, 15325 Michigan Ave., in Dearborn
- Amoco, 2411 28th St. SE, in Grand Rapids
- Sid’s Party Store SDM, 810 Ashman St., in Midland
- Levan Wine & Deli Shoppe, 36217 Plymouth Road, in Livonia
- Busia’s Country Market, 910 W. Buffalo St., in New Buffalo
- Wesco #11, 10409 Brooklyn Road, in Brooklyn
- Jim’s Mart, 747 Clark St., in Detroit
- New Northend Market, 21601 Coolidge Hwy., in Oak Park
- Meijer #105, 27255 23 Mile Road, in Chesterfield Township
- Lucky Star Food Market, 3917 W. Court St., in Flint
- Jefferson Fill-Up Inc., 10550 W. Jefferson Ave., in River Rouge
- 23 Fuel Stop, 6260 Sterns Road, in Ottawa Lake
This was a very exciting couple of weeks for Lottery players in all of the Big Game states!" said Acting Michigan Lottery Commissioner James Kipp. "Of course we are disappointed not to have a Michigan jackpot winner this time, but we are thrilled for the thousands of other cash prize winners throughout the state. I expect our regional offices and retailers to be very busy the next few days with prize claims."
In all, Michigan Lottery players won more than $4.4 million in cash prizes in Tuesday’s Big Game drawing.
The next Big Game drawing will be conducted Friday, April 19, with a guaranteed jackpot of $5 million.
# # #