LANSING, November 24, 1997 – A Livonia lottery club cleaned up recently in the Michigan Lottery’s Big Game, winning the game’s $150,000 prize in the October 31 drawing! That day’s winning numbers were: 2, 7, 18, 25, 36, and the Big Money Ball number was 17.
The 18-member "Up Front Cleaners" lottery club matched the first five Big Game numbers drawn, and word quickly spread!
"I checked the winning numbers in the newspaper the morning after the drawing, and as soon as I saw we won, I called the other club members," said club representative Anne Charest.
The 18 club members range in age from 38 to 64, and all are employed in the distribution center at Ford Motor Company. They’ve officially played Michigan Lottery games as a club for eight months.
Club members’ plans for their winnings include planning for the holidays, donating to church and paying bills.
The winning Big Game ticket was purchased at Glens Market #329, 829 W. Main St., in Gaylord.
Members of the "Up Front Cleaners" lottery club include:
- Daniel Callery of Redford
- Robert M. Cece of Lincoln Park
- Anne B. Charest of Livonia
- Henry Coleman of Farmington Hills
- Von R. Dragan of Livonia
- James E. Edwards of Detroit
- Willie Hare of Novi
- John M. Kennedy of Dearborn Heights
- Myrtle Marshall of Detroit
- Gordon Micallef of Detroit
- Alfred Patterson of Detroit
- Pearlie M. Ridley of Detroit
- Eddie L. Seymore of Inkster
- Wanda K. Snyder of Brighton
- Thomas W. Sullivan of Hazel Park
- Barbara A. Varady of Canton
- Julius White of Southfield
- Gary Zylka of Livonia
The Big Game offers nine ways to win cash prizes. Players pay $1 for each play, and choose five numbers from 1 to 50, as well as one additional number from 1 to 25.
# # #