Cash keeps piling up in the Powerball jackpot, which stands at $1.2 billion for tonight’s drawing. The cash option for the jackpot is $551.7 million.
If a lucky player wins tonight’s Powerball jackpot, it would be the third largest Powerball jackpot ever won and the seventh largest jackpot in U.S. Lottery history.
Tonight’s drawing will be the 33rd drawing since the Powerball jackpot was last won on July 19. One ticket purchased in California won the $1.08 billion jackpot. The jackpot was the largest Powerball jackpot won this year and the third largest jackpot in Powerball history.
During the current jackpot run, which began July 22, Michigan Lottery players have purchased more than 19 million tickets at retailers and have won more than $10 million in prizes, including four $1 million prizes and one $2 million prize:
- Aug. 26 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Wild Bills Tobacco Livonia III, located at 27424 6 Mile Road in Livonia.
- Sept 11. – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Kristi’s Pour House, located at 211 East Main Street in Hart.
- Sept. 23 – $2 million winning ticket was purchased online at MichiganLottery.com.
- Sept. 30 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at the 7-Eleven, located at 34951 Garfield Road in Fraser.
- Oct. 2 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Purk’s Inc., located at 875 East Lincoln in Ionia.
The last Michigan player to win a Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis, of Waterford. Davis won the game’s $70 million jackpot on Feb. 12, 2020.
Players have plenty of time to purchase tickets for the drawing. Lottery retailers throughout the state are selling Powerball tickets until 9:45 p.m. Tickets also may be purchased online at MichiganLottery.com.
Powerball drawings take place at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and may be watched live online at: http://www.powerball.com. A “Power Play” option that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to 10 times to a maximum of $2 million may be added to any Powerball play for only $1.