The New Green Street Tavern, located at 37700 Green St. in New Baltimore, started 2014 off with a bang by selling the ticket that prized one player with the fourth largest jackpot for Club Keno’s add-on game “The Jack.” Here are the impressive top five “The Jack” jackpots:
Prize Drawing Date Michigan Lottery Retailer
- $356,901 July 29, 2012 Sheehan’s on the Green in Plymouth
- $270,690 Nov. 30, 2011 Baker’s Market in Davison
- $267,234 Nov. 6, 2013 Cedar Tavern in Cedar
- $259,616 Jan. 15, 2014 The Green Street Tavern in New Baltimore
- $248,308 Nov. 3, 2012 McGonigle’s Irish Pub in Kalamazoo
The $259,616 winner, who wishes to remain anonymous, placed a $1 wager for nine 6-spot draws, plus “The Jack” for an additional dollar per wager for the Jan. 15 drawings. “The Jack” began the climb to $259,616 after it was won on Dec. 31 at 3:16 pm for $10,925 at The Uptown Bar in Crystal.
Club Keno’s “The Jack”, was revised in October 2011. It is a progressive jackpot that starts at $10,000 and increases after each draw until it is won. The more money players wager on the game, the faster the jackpot grows. The jackpot will continue to grow until someone matches all eight numbers and wins, at which point, the jackpot reverts back to $10,000.