Claiming the most recent Meijer win is the two member Lottery Club by the name of Bill & Sue. On May 15 they brought their winning match 5 Powerball ticket to Lottery headquarters in Lansing to claim $1 million from the May 12 drawing. “We would have claimed it on Monday, but we had to get all of our paperwork in order to claim as a Lottery club,” said the club rep.
Bill & Sue purchased their winning ticket at Meijer #197, located at 920 N. Lapeer Rd. in Oxford.
The Bill & Sue Lottery club intends to use their winnings to enhance their joint residence, share their wealth with a few friends who truly need assistance and invest the rest wisely so that they can live comfortably for many years to come. These avid gamblers are also planning a trip to Las Vegas too!
Meijer stores have been selling Lottery tickets for nearly 30 years. Over $5.75 million in winning tickets have been sold by the long time retailer in just the first 5 ½ months of 2012!
Other winning tickets sold by Meijer, which has over 100 stores in Michigan include the following:
- March 26 – Meijer #26 in Wyoming, sold a $250,000 Mega Millions ticket
- March 20 – Meijer #54 in Northville, sold a single Mega Millions ticket that contained 5 winning draws each yielding $250,000 for a total of $1.25 million!
- March 16 – Meijer #68 in Westland, sold a $250,000 Mega Millions ticket
- March 3 – Meijer #172 in Howell, sold a $1 million Powerball ticket
- February 15 – Meijer #67 in Monroe, sold a $2 million Raffle of Riches ticket
Over 95 cents of every dollar spent on Lottery tickets is returned to the state in the form of contributions to the state School Aid Fund, prizes to players and commissions to retailers. In fiscal year 2011, the contribution to schools was over $727.3 million. Since its inception in 1972, the Lottery has contributed over $16 billion to education in Michigan.
For information on all Lottery games, please visit the Lottery’s Web site at www.michiganlottery.com.
“The Michigan Lottery. All across the state good things happen.”
Contact: Andi Brancato, PR Director 517-335-5648
Agency: Michigan Lottery Public Relations