LANSING, April 18, 1997 – A $3 investment turned into a $150,000 return for a 10-member lottery club from Livonia.
The DMC Lottery Club was one of four lucky Michigan ticket holders that won The Big Game’s $150,000 prize in the April 11 drawing. But that isn’t the only "good luck" story.
Meijer Inc. #54 at 20401 Haggerty Road in Northville, the store that sold the winning ticket to the DMC Lottery Club, has sold three top Michigan Lottery tickets in less than three weeks:
- a $100,000 Cash 5 prize from the March 24 drawing;
- a $150,000 Big Game prize from the April 4 drawing; and
- a $150,000 Big Game prize from the April 11 drawing.
It was Meijer’s lucky streak that prompted the DMC Lottery Club to purchase its winning Big Game ticket there.
"We had been buying our tickets from that Meijer store and decided to try a few other stores," said Gregory Curry, club representative. "When we heard that Meijer had just last week sold a $150,000 Big Game ticket, we went right back. We won $3 in the April 4 Big Game drawing and reinvested it into the April 11 drawing. It was on that ticket that we won!"
"When we all realized that we won $150,000," he said, "none of us could believe it."
All members of the DMC Lottery club work at Moore Business Forms in Livonia. The club was formed in July 1996.
Club members’ plans for their Big Game winnings include: saving for children’s education; making home improvements; and buying homes, cars and "lots of electronic toys."
Members of the DMC Lottery Club are:
- Gregory Curry, 33, of Farmington Hills
- Linda Daly, 32, of Redford
- Cathy Garrett, 39, of Detroit
- Victoria Haviland, 32, of Sterling Heights
- William Klinkhamer, 51, of Birmingham
- Brian Kromrei, 30, of Lincoln Park
- Renee Lackowski, 25, of Clinton Township
- Mary Perkins, 36, of Detroit
- Sandra Wikle, of Clarkston
- Julie Wooster, 32, of Jackson
The winning numbers in Friday’s (April 11) Big Game drawing were: 4, 10, 13, 22, 49, and the Big Money Ball number was 20.
The Big Game offers nine ways to win cash prizes. Players pay $1 for each play, and choose five numbers from 1 to 50, as well as one additional number from 1 to 25.
Tonight’s (April 18) Big Game jackpot is estimated at $10 million.
# # #