A Macomb County Lottery club has won a $1 million Powerball prize from the Michigan Lottery.
The two-person Sandy Island Cove MLC lottery club matched the five white balls in the Oct. 7 drawing to win the big prize: 47-54-57-60-65. The club’s representative, Robert Hoerauf, bought the winning ticket at Northview Wine Shoppe, located at 23015 21 Mile Road in Macomb.
The club recently visited Lottery headquarters to claim their prize.
The prize was won during the $1.765 billion Powerball jackpot run. The jackpot run began July 22 and ended Oct. 11 when one ticket purchased in California won the $1.765 billion jackpot. The jackpot was the second largest lottery jackpot ever won. During the jackpot run, Michigan Lottery players won more than $13 million in prizes, including six prizes of $1 million or more:
- Aug. 26 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Wild Bills Tobacco Livonia III, located at 27424 6 Mile Road in Livonia.
- Sept 11. – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Kristi’s Pour House, located at 211 East Main Street in Hart.
- Sept. 23 – $2 million winning ticket was purchased online at MichiganLottery.com.
- Sept. 30 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at the 7-Eleven, located at 34951 Garfield Road in Fraser.
- Oct. 2 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Purk’s Inc., located at 875 East Lincoln in Ionia.
- Oct. 7 – $1 million winning ticket was purchased at Northview Wine Shoppe, located at 23015 21 Mile Road in Macomb.
Powerball plays may be purchased for $2 each at Lottery retailers across the state and online at MichiganLottery.com. A “Power Play” option that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to 10 times to a maximum of $2 million may be added to any Powerball play for only $1. For an additional $1 per play, Double Play may be added to a Powerball ticket, giving players a second chance to win up to $10 million in the nightly Double Play drawing.
The Powerball drawing takes place at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and may be watched live online at: http://www.powerball.com. Powerball tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington D.C., U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.