A Wayne County lottery club has won a $1 million Powerball prize from the Michigan Lottery.
The three-person 1029 Lottery Club matched the five white balls in the Oct. 29, 2022 drawing to win the big prize: 19-31-40-46-57. They bought their winning ticket at Billy’s Liquor Depot II, located at 27222 Grand River Avenue in Redford.
The prize was won during the world record $2.4 billion Powerball jackpot run. The jackpot run began with the Aug. 6, 2022, drawing and ended with the Nov. 7, 2022, drawing when one ticket purchased in California won the record setting $2.04 billion jackpot. During the jackpot run, Michigan Lottery players purchased more than 43 million tickets at retailers and won more than $18 million in prizes, including nine $1 million prizes:
- Aug. 24 – Meijer gas station, located at 8994 Shaver Road in Portage
- Sept. 24 – Otsego Party Store, located at 629 South Farmer Street in Otsego
- Oct. 19 – Fast Freddie’s, located at 2245 Main Street in Ubly
- Oct. 26 – Charaf Oil Inc, located at 7000 Greenfield Road in Dearborn
- Oct. 29 – New Buffalo Shell, located at 18913 Laporte Road in New Buffalo
- Oct. 29 – Billy’s Liquor Depot II, located at 27222 Grand River Avenue in Redford
- Oct. 31 – CVS Pharmacy, located at located at 626 West Front Street in Traverse City
- Nov. 5 – K&G Deli, located at 5625 Conner Street in Detroit
- Nov. 8 – Country Corner Supermarket, located at 10039 Buchanan Road in Stanwood
The last Michigan player to win a Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis, of Waterford. Davis won the game’s $70 million jackpot on Feb. 12, 2020.
The Powerball jackpot was last won on April 19. One ticket bought in Ohio won the $252.6 million jackpot. The current jackpot stands at $400 million.
Powerball plays may be purchased for $2 each at Lottery retailers across the state and online at MichiganLottery.com. A “Power Play” option that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to 10 times to a maximum of $2 million may be added to any Powerball play for only $1. For an additional $1 per play, Double Play may be added to a Powerball ticket, giving players a second chance to win up to $10 million in the nightly Double Play drawing.
The Powerball drawing takes place at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and may be watched live online at: http://www.powerball.com. Powerball tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington D.C., U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.