A Michigan Lottery player could become a billionaire on the unluckiest of days – Friday the 13th – if they win tonight’s $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot. The cash option is $724.6 million.
The Mega Millions game has been particularly lucky for Lottery players in Michigan on Friday the 13th, with four lucky players winning the game’s jackpot on what many consider to be a cursed day. Those four jackpots totaled $171 million in winnings.
- June 13, 2008 – $57 million jackpot, won by a Kent City man
- May 13, 2011 – $27 million jackpot, won by a Kalamazoo man
- June 13, 2014 – $66 million jackpot, won by a Port Huron woman
- Oct. 13, 2017 – $21 million jackpot, won by a Waterford man
If a lucky player wins tonight’s jackpot, it will be the largest prize ever won in Michigan, and the second-largest Mega Millions jackpot ever won. Tonight’s Mega Millions drawing will be the 26th drawing since the jackpot was last won on Oct. 14. In 2022, the Mega Millions jackpot was won six times:
- Jan. 28, $426 million, Woodland Hills, California
- March 8, $128 million, Brooklyn, New York
- April 12, $110 million, Ramsey, Minnesota
- April 15, $20 million, Pegram, Tennessee
- July 29, $1.337 billion, Des Plaines, Illinois
- Oct. 14, $502 million, San Jose, California; Fort Myers, Florida
The Mega Millions jackpot was last won in Michigan in Jan. 2021 when an Oakland County lottery club won $1.05 billion. That jackpot currently holds the record for the largest prize ever won in Michigan and the fifth largest jackpot in U.S. lottery history.
Mega Millions drawings take place each Tuesday and Friday evening. Each Mega Millions play is only $2. For an additional $1 per play, players have the opportunity to add a “Megaplier” that can multiply non-jackpot prizes by up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mega Millions tickets may be purchased online at MichiganLottery.com and at any of the Lottery’s 10,500 retailers around the state until 10:45 p.m. the day of the drawing.