The Mega Millions jackpot stands at $940 million for tonight’s drawing. The cash option for the jackpot is $486 million.
If a lucky player wins the jackpot, it will be the first Mega Millions jackpot won this year. In 2022, the Mega Millions jackpot was won six times:
- Jan. 28, $426 million, Woodland Hills, California
- March 8, $128 million, Brooklyn, New York
- April 12, $110 million, Ramsey, Minnesota
- April 15, $20 million, Pegram, Tennessee
- July 29, $1.337 billion, Des Plaines, Illinois
- Oct. 14, $502 million, San Jose, California; Fort Myers, Florida
The Mega Millions jackpot was last won in Michigan in Jan. 2021 when an Oakland County lottery club won $1.05 billion. That jackpot was the largest ever won in Michigan and the fifth largest in U.S. lottery history.
Mega Millions drawings take place each Tuesday and Friday evening. Each Mega Millions play is only $2. For an additional $1 per play, players have the opportunity to add a “Megaplier” that can multiply non-jackpot prizes by up to five times. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Mega Millions tickets may be purchased online at MichiganLottery.com and at any of the Lottery’s 10,500 retailers around the state until 10:45 p.m. the day of the drawing.