The Powerball jackpot has increased to $1.6 billion, making it the largest Lottery jackpot in history. The cash option for the jackpot is $782 million.
If a lucky player wins the $1.6 billion jackpot, it will be the largest Lottery jackpot ever won. The current world record jackpot is $1.586 billion. That Powerball jackpot was won on Jan. 13, 2016 and was split by three winning tickets purchased in California, Florida, and Tennessee.
Saturday’s drawing will be the 40th drawing since the jackpot was last won on Aug. 3. During the current jackpot run, seven Michigan Lottery players have won a $1 million prize:
- Aug. 24 – Meijer gas station, located at 8994 Shaver Road in Portage
- Sept. 24 – Otsego Party Store, located at 629 South Farmer Street in Otsego
- Oct. 19 – Fast Freddie’s, located at 2245 Main Street in Ubly
- Oct. 26 – Charaf Oil Inc, located at 7000 Greenfield Road in Dearborn
- Oct. 29 – New Buffalo Shell, located at 18913 Laporte Road in New Buffalo
- Oct. 29 – Billy’s Liquor Depot II, located at 27222 Grand River Avenue in Redford
- Oct. 31 – CVS Pharmacy, located at located at 626 West Front Street in Traverse City
The last Michigan player to win a Powerball jackpot was Cristy Davis, of Waterford. Davis won the game’s $70 million jackpot on Feb. 12, 2020.
A $1.05 billion Mega Millions jackpot currently holds the record for the largest prize ever won in Michigan. That prize was won in January 2021 by an Oakland County lottery club, and is the fourth largest prize won of all time.
Players have plenty of time to purchase tickets for the drawing. Lottery retailers are selling Powerball tickets until 9:45 p.m. Saturday. Tickets also may be purchased online at MichiganLottery.com.
Powerball plays may be purchased for $2 each at Lottery retailers across the state and online at MichiganLottery.com. A “Power Play” option that multiplies non-jackpot prizes by up to 10 times to a maximum of $2 million may be added to any Powerball play for only $1. For an additional $1 per play, Double Play may be added to a Powerball ticket, giving players a second chance to win up to $10 million in the nightly Double Play drawing.
The Powerball drawing takes place at 10:59 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and may be watched live online at: http://www.powerball.com. Powerball tickets are sold in 45 states, Washington D.C., U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico.