The Michigan Lottery has received recertification for its commitment to responsible gaming after completing the Internet Responsible Gambling Compliance Assessment Program (iCAP) through the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG).
The Lottery first earned iCAP certification in October 2015 and was the first lottery in the United States to achieve this certification.
Developed by the NCPG, iCAP is the first and only online responsible gaming assessment program in the United States. The NCPG evaluated the Lottery’s compliance with Internet Responsible Gaming (IRG) standards developed based on best practices from jurisdictions around the world. IRG standards are the highest standards for online responsible gaming in the nation. The eight areas of focus for the NCPG iCAP certification are:
- Corporate policy and commitment to responsible gaming
- Staff training
- Information available to players through MichiganLottery.com, and player account features to assist players in informed decision making
- Assisting players who indicate they are in distress or experiencing problems
- Self-exclusion and player-initiated restrictions on online play
- Advertising and promotion
- Game and website features that assist with gambling responsibly
- Research based on the transparency of play data
iCAP recertification provides Lottery players assurance that MichiganLottery.com is trustworthy and has adopted the best standards of player protection.
The NCPG, a non-profit organization founded in 1972, leads state and national stakeholders in the development of comprehensive policy and programs for all those affected by problem gambling.
Michigan Lottery players have a chance to win up to $500,000 instantly playing online. Players also may win prizes ranging from $1 up to multimillion dollar jackpots playing Powerball, Mega Millions, Lotto 47, and Fantasy 5 online. Through its online platform, the Lottery offers players more than 50 different games with plays ranging in price from 5 cents to $20.
More than 997,000 players have registered to play the Lottery’s online games, which were launched in 2014. For more information or to play online, visit http://bit.ly/MSLOnlineGames.
In 2017, Lottery players won more than $535 million playing games online.