Two lucky players matched the five white balls – 05-28-62-65-70 – in Tuesday night’s drawing to win a $1 million prize. The winning tickets were bought at:
- Bricks, located at 862 44th Street Southwest in Grandville
- Ric’s Food Center, located at 705 South Mission Street in Mount Pleasant
Thirteen lucky players matched four of the white balls drawn plus the Mega Ball – 05 – to win a $10,000 prize. Those winning tickets were bought at:
- BP gas station, located at 500 Ann Arbor Street in Manchester
- BP gas station, located at 715 South Main Street in Olivet
- Citgo gas station, located at 2410 Michigan Avenue West in Battle Creek
- Conlee Travel Center, located at 9180 Birch Run Road in Birch Run
- CVS Pharmacy, located at 131 Elm Street in Wyandotte
- Fresh Choice Food Center, located at 35400 East Michigan Avenue in Wayne
- I and J Liquor, located at 27221 West 7 Mile Road in Redford
- Kibby Cobb, located at 2628 Kibby Road in Jackson
- Little Mack Beer and Wine, located at 28480 Little Mack Avenue in Saint Clair Shores
- Meijer gas station, located at 1235 Irish Road in Davison
- Meijer, located at 5121 South Westnedge Avenue in Portage
- Meijer, located at 3175 South Rochester Road in Rochester Hills
- Shell gas station, located at 1625 Market Place Drive in Caledonia
Tuesday night’s $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot was the largest ever Mega Millions jackpot and second largest jackpot in lottery history. None of the 12.1 million tickets purchased in Michigan matched the jackpot-winning numbers.
The largest jackpot in U.S. and world history was a $1.586 billion Powerball jackpot. Three lucky ticket holders from California, Florida, and Tennessee matched the five white balls and Powerball to win that huge jackpot on Jan. 13, 2016. The previous record for a Mega Millions jackpot was $656 million. That Mega Millions jackpot was won on March 30, 2012, and split between three winning tickets sold in Kansas, Illinois, and Maryland.
The $1 million winners should contact the Michigan Lottery Public Relations Division at (517) 373-1237 to schedule an appointment to collect their big prize. The prizes must be claimed at the Lottery’s headquarters in Lansing. The winners of the $10,000 prizes should visit a Lottery claim center to collect their prize. Mega Millions tickets are valid for one year from the drawing date.
Mega Millions drawings take place each Tuesday and Friday evening. Each Mega Millions play is only $2. For an additional $1 per play, players have the opportunity to add a “Megaplier” that can multiply non-jackpot prizes by up to five times.
Mega Millions tickets for tonight’s drawing may be purchased online at MichiganLottery.com and at the Lottery’s 11,000 retailers around the state until 10:45 p.m.