While Friday the 13th prevents many people from crossing paths with a black cat or walking under a ladder, one thing that shouldn’t be avoided is playing the Michigan Lottery.
In fact, the Mega Millions game has been particularly lucky for Lottery players on Friday the 13th. Over the last five years, Lottery players have won more than $29.5 million in big prizes playing the game on this supposedly unluckiest of days. Friday, May 13, 2011 proved to be especially lucky, for Kendall Warren, of Kalamazoo, who won a $27 million jackpot.
Friday the 13th winners from the past five years include:
- Dec. 13, 2013 – John Morris, of Waterford, $1 million
- Dec. 13, 2013 – Deanna Wilson, or St. Clair Shores, $1 million
- Sept. 13, 2013 – Simon Earley, of Belmont, $10,000
- April 13, 2012 – Lucky 16 Lottery Club, of Oxford, $250,000
- April 13, 2012 – Roy Redington, of Allen Park, $10,000
- April 13, 2012 – Christopher Boden, of Muskegon, $10,000
- May 13, 2011 – Kendall Warren, of Kalamazoo, $27 million
- Aug. 13, 2010 – Matthew Lukas, of New Boston, $10,000
- Aug. 13, 2010 – Grace Bonter, of Muskegon, $10,000
- Nov. 13, 2009 – R. Ganier, of Wyandotte, $250,000
- March 13, 2009 – Megan Shaffer, of Au Gres, $10,000
With a jackpot of $66 million for Friday night’s drawing, this Friday the 13th could be the most lucrative yet for a lucky Michigan Lottery player.
Mega Millions drawings take place each Tuesday and Friday evening. Each Mega Millions play is only $1. For an additional $1 per play, players have the opportunity to add a “Megaplier” that can multiply non-jackpot prizes by up to five times.