Lucky winners have claimed all but two of the 13 top prizes in the Michigan Lottery’s $40,000 Tax Free Raffle game.
Gregory Carter, of Macomb, was one of the big winners. He found he had one of the 13 lucky tickets when he visited the Michigan Lottery’s official website to check his raffle number, 0061648. At first, Carter couldn’t believe his luck and checked his number several times to confirm he actually was holding a ticket worth $40,000!
Carter bought his winning ticket for the April 15 drawing at the 7-Eleven located at 14495 Laplaisance in Monroe.
Another top prize was claimed by the “Lucky Eight” Lottery club out of Adrian. The “Lucky Eight” club representative purchased that winning ticket at The Party Shop located at 110 S. Maumee St. in Tecumseh.
Nine other lucky players also have claimed top prizes in the $40,000 Tax Free Raffle. Those winners, who wished to remain anonymous, bought their winning tickets at:
- Meijer #221 located at 3434 Century Center Dr. SW in Grandville
- Crosstown Shell located at 1609 S. Westnedge in Kalamazoo
- Rich’s Country Store located at 6237 Bishop Rd. in Lansing
- Novi Bowl & Recreation located at 21700 Novi Rd. in Novi
- Meijer #43 located at 3360 Tittabawassee Rd. in Saginaw
- Mayfield Country Store located at 4044 S. Garfield Rd. in Mayfield
- Wayne Medicine Mart located at 417 S. Wayne Rd. in Westland
- Nour Tobacco Inc. located at 2379 S. Venoy Rd. in Westland
- One Step Party Store located at 16530 21 Mile Rd. in Macomb
The tickets for the raffle’s two unclaimed top prizes of $40,000 were bought at:
- Beydoun Amoco Service Center located at 15500 Michigan Ave. in Dearborn
- Kroger #441 located at 26400 Ford Rd. in Dearborn Heights
Players bought more than 410,000 of the $10 raffle tickets. The number of prizes was based on the number of tickets sold. All told, the raffle offered more than 68,000 prizes ranging from $15 to $40,000.