Gregory Carter was thrilled to claim a top prize in the Michigan Lottery’s $40,000 Tax Free Raffle.
Carter, of Macomb, found that he was a big winner when he visited the Michigan Lottery’s official website to check his raffle number, 0061648. At first, Carter couldn’t believe his luck and checked his number several times before realizing he actually was holding a ticket worth $40,000!
Carter bought the winning ticket at the 7-Eleven located at 14495 Laplaisance in Monroe.
Eight other lucky players also have claimed top prizes in the $40,000 Tax Free Raffle, since the game’s drawing on April 15. Those winners, who wished to remain anonymous, bought their winning tickets at:
- Meijer located at 3434 Century Center Dr. SW in Grandville
- Crosstown Shell located at 1609 S. Westnedge in Kalamazoo
- Rich’s Country Store located at 6237 Bishop Rd. in Lansing
- Novi Bowl & Recreation located at 21700 Novi Rd. in Novi
- Meijer located at 3360 Tittabawassee Rd. in Saginaw
- Mayfield Country Store located at 4044 S. Garfield Rd. in Mayfield
- Wayne Medicine Mart located at 417 S. Wayne Rd. in Westland
- Nour Tobacco Inc. located at 2379 S. Venoy Rd. in Westland
Four of the raffle’s $40,000 top prizes haven’t been claimed yet. Players bought more than 410,000 of the $10 raffle tickets. The number of prizes was based on the number of tickets sold. All told, the raffle offered more than 68,000 prizes ranging from $15 to $40,000.