LANSING, May 2, 2011 – This summer, the Michigan Lottery’s Mobile Retail Outlet (MRO) will be visiting a festival or town near you!
Every year the MRO travels across the state to fairs, festivals, Michigan International Speedway racing events and concerts to allow players the opportunity to play their favorite Lottery games while enjoying the sights, sounds, tastes and smells of summer. This summer is no different and the MRO will be criss-crossing the state to participate in all the fun and excitement Michigan has to offer.
This year, the MRO will be featured at the following events:
- Motor City Harley Davidson, Farmington Hills – May 7
- Downtown Hoedown, Detroit – May 13-15
- Biker Bob’s Harley Davidson, Taylor – May 21
- Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn – June 17-19
- Detroit River Days, Detroit – June 23-26
- Muskegon Summer Celebration, Muskegon – July 1-9
- Common Ground, Lansing – July 11-17
- Ionia Free Fair, Ionia – July 21-30
- Coast Guard Festival, Grand Haven – August 2-6
- Rock the Rapids, Grand Rapids – August 8-13
- Michigan International Speedway, Brooklyn – August 19-21
- Warren Birthday Bash, Warren – August 25-28
- Arts, Beats & Eats, Royal Oak – September 2-5
If you are out at any of these events this summer be sure to look for the MRO and the Lottery’s dedicated Street Team members. Not only can you win cash prizes on the tickets you purchase but promotions will be running throughout the summer where you can win free tickets and Lottery merchandise.
Over 94 cents of every dollar spent on Lottery tickets is returned to the state in the form of contributions to the state School Aid Fund, prizes to players and commissions to retailers. In fiscal year 2010, the contribution to schools was $701.3 million. Since its inception in 1972, the Lottery has contributed more than $15 billion to education in Michigan.
For additional information, please visit the Lottery’s Web site at www.michiganlottery.com .
“The Michigan Lottery. All across the state good things happen.”
# # #