Michigan Lottery players brought home cash prizes after participating in the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE™.
Fifteen Michigan Lottery players, were among nearly 100 lottery players from around the country, who participated in the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE for a chance to win up to $1 billion. The event took place at the LINQ Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Each player came home with a prize:
- Candace Johnson, of Southfield, $60,000
- Jennifer Bell, of Detroit, $25,000
- Jill Hoppe, of Bay City, $25,000
- Ada Ochoa, Brighton, $25,000
- David Arthur, of Grosse Isle, $1,000
- Kristopher Bovee, of Saginaw, $1,000
- Jennifer Burbary, of Sterling Heights, $1,000
- Christine Dodge, of Brighton, $1,000
- Robert Haack, of Rochester Hills, $1,000
- Collen LaFavors, of Detroit, $1,000
- Randy Naughton, of China, $1,000
- Douglas Palicki, of Manitou Beach, $1,000
- Norman Reece, of South Lyon, $1,000
- Shawn Wilkison, of Eastpointe, $1,000
- Cam May Witkowski, of Hawks, $1,000
“I thought winning a free trip to Las Vegas was great,” said Candace Johnson. “I brought my daughter with me and it is the first time we’ve both been here. Getting the chance to go on stage after getting a Golden Ticket was incredible.
“Winning $60,000 playing the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE makes this a trip I’ll never forget. I’m looking forward to sharing this prize with my family and using it as a cushion for my retirement.”
Johnson was one of five players who received a Golden Ticket to advance to the second round of the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE.
Each player won the opportunity to participate in the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE by entering ticket codes from non-winning GOLDEN TICKET™ II instant game tickets. Each player received round-trip airfare for two to Las Vegas, deluxe hotel accommodations for four days and three nights, ground transportation to and from the Las Vegas airport and hotel, and $1,000 spending money.
An Ohio player won $2 million in the final round of the BILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE.
Each $10 GOLDEN TICKET™ II ticket offered players 20 chances to instantly win prizes ranging from $10 up to $1 million. Players won more than $30 million playing the GOLDEN TICKET™ II instant game.
Lottery instant games may be purchased at 10,500 retailers across the state.
In 2018, Lottery players won more than $1 billion playing Lottery instant games.